Last two weeks had been quite an intense drama moment for me. It’s all started when I was doing therapy for my brother who suddenly got fever and cough, which eventually turned out to be Covid positive. His whole family including my mom was also infected in the end, regardless of the full complete covid vaccination they had with high antibody they have developed afterwards.
The following night, I started to get severe flu symptoms like coughing, full body aching, fever, and difficulty sleeping. I kept waking up every hour during the night. I kept on drinking water and take my supplements with full intention to fight the virus heads on. The next morning , I felt so much better, the body aches and flu symptoms subsided. I took antigen test and It was negative, which boost my confident. I continue to rigorously using natural remedies to strengthen my immune system. I then started doing light outdoor activities to keep me motivated and ready to be back to my normal daily routine. Amazingly , I could sleep through the night soundly. The following morning, I took a walk and did some sun bath with my daughter. Only to learn later in the afternoon, my fever and all flu symptoms came back with vengeance. To make the matter worst, two of my three children were having the same flu simptoms just like mine. They lose sense of smell and taste. Breathing became short and heavy, persistent coughing as if I have acute laryngitis and could not talk. The condition become worsen than before. Finally, We called in our family doctor to examine us and she diagnosed us with Covid positive. She perscribed some medication including invermectin that had cured my brother. However, my body didn’t respond well to ivermectin, my hands trembled badly, nauseated, fever, constant coughing that lead me to lost my appetite and feel extremely fatique.
I believe the doctor medication was too strong for my body, so I returned to take my natural remedies closely and diligently as suggested by my community leader. Thank God, after 2 days, together with the Chinese herbal tea drink given by my mom, my symptoms subsided considerably .
Now, my family has won over the fight with this covid virus. Here are the lessons we learnt:
1. Total bedrest is a must when you feel your body is fighting against discomfort symptoms, especially during this season of covid pandemic.
2. Be Mindful what you put into your body
3. Vaccination doesn’t warant us free from infection. I haven’t got any vaccine before, but compared to my brother who had been vaccinated, I can say that my initial symptoms was lighter than him, if I have not gone crazy with unecessary activities, I think I would have skipped being positive with Vaccine.
4. As the virus is very close to us and can attack us no matter how well we equipped ourselves and kept distance from others, hence maintaining a healthy body full with sufficient minerals and supplements are key to maintain good immune to fight the virus.
5. After your body is strong enough, it really helps to stay in the sunlight for 20 mins in the morning along with deep inhale and exhale exercise, it helps to bring back the lung capacity to breath for good oxigen intake.
6. Last of all, our capacity to develop and maintain relationship with our friends and family is fundamental in supporting our well being during this pandemic. I feel so grateful to receive all the cares and loves from my family and my community teammates that I can peacefully rest and focus on my healing process.
I am hopeful that my above sharing will provide good insights for us all during this time where covid becomes more infectious.